Digital Archives Initiative
Centre for Newfoundland Studies - The Newfoundland Quarterly
menu off  add document to favorites : add page to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
 Search this object:
  
 0 hit(s) :: previous hit : next hit
  View:    
  previous page : next page
Document Description
TitleThe Newfoundland Quarterly, volume 34, no. 4 (April 1935)
EditorEvans, John J., 1861-1944
PublisherJohn J. Evans, Sr.
Place of PublicationSt. John's, NL
Date1935
DescriptionThe Royal Procession on its way to Coronation Ceremony at Westminster Abbey, June 22nd, 1911 [illustration] -- In praise of our land IV : The "Old District of Harbour Main" / W. J. Browne -- Newfoundland sea bird : the herring gull [illustration] -- When the birds go north again / Ela Higginson -- Cabotian literature / Dr. Frank F. Pierson -- Yachting off the West Coast [illustration] -- Spring in Newfoundland / R. J. Connolly -- The Jerseymen at Harbor Grace, chapter 6 : census of residents / W. A. Munn -- His Majesty King George V ; Her Majesty Queen Mary [illustrations] -- Ode for the twenty-fifth anniversary of the accession of our gracious King George V / Robert Gear MacDonald -- Gentlemen : "The King!" : a sketch of King George V and Queen Mary during the years between 1910 and 1935 on the occasion of his Silver Jubilee / W. J. Browne -- The official landing of the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall and York, now Their Majesties King George V and Queen Mary, October 24th, 1901, at the premises of Messrs. A. Harvey and Co., Ltd. [illustration] -- Sir Ralph C. Williams, Governor of Newfoundland, proclaiming His Majesty George V from the Colonial Building, St. John's, May 9th, 1910 [illustration] -- The twenty-fifth anniversary of the accession of His Majesty the King / F. C. Alderdice -- His Excellency Admiral Sir David Murray Anderson, K.C.B., C.M.G., M.V.O., Chairman, Newfoundland Commission of Government [illustration] -- Hon. Frederick C. Alderdice, Vice-Chairman and Commissioner for Home Affairs and Education [illustration] -- The late Archbishop Howley's "Newfoundland name-lore, " articles XVIII, XIX : republished from "The Newfoundland Quarterly, " commencing October, 1901 -- Love's language / Eugenie du Maurier Meredith -- The new President of the Board of Trade : T. A. MacNab, Esq. -- The Mayor's address on the King's Jubilee : outlines plans of Decorations Committee in connection with celebrations of May 6th -- Chorus of welcome / A. J. W. McNeily -- Milton / John Milton Smither -- Chorus sung by the children of Newfoundland at the celebration of the King's Jubilee, May 6th, 1935 : Hail to our King! -- June rain / Gregory Power -- Footsteps in the snow / Bertille Tobin -- Sons of England Benefit Society -- The Narrows, St. John's [illustration] -- Sixty years in the printing business : John J. Evans of "The Newfoundland Quarterly" served on many of Newfoundland's papers / J. J. L. -- A Newfoundland family -- The seal fishery for 1935 -- Municipal bye-election -- His Excellency returns.
SubjectNewfoundland and Labrador--Periodicals
Physical Description42 p. : ill.
NoteIndexed in: Newfoundland Periodical Article Bibliography.
LocationCanada--Newfoundland and Labrador
Time Period20th Century
Journal DetailsThe Newfoundland Quarterly (1901-present) began publication when the province was still an independent country, founder John J. Evans describing it as "a literary magazine of interest to Newfoundlanders at home and abroad." Geared to a general audience, it is the island's oldest magazine and the second oldest magazine published in Canada. It provides an invaluable forum for the publication of work by Newfoundland writers, artists and photographers. The magazine features articles on Newfoundland history and culture, interviews and biographies, literature and literary criticism including book reviews. Advertisements are included in the issues before 1983. Since 1966 the Newfoundland Quarterly has also included Aspects, a publication of the Newfoundland Historical Society.
TypeText
Resource TypePeriodical
FormatImage/jpeg; Application/pdf
Record NumberCNS-NQ0066
LanguageEng
CollectionCentre for Newfoundland Studies - The Newfoundland Quarterly
RepositoryMemorial University of Newfoundland. Libraries. Centre for Newfoundland Studies
SourcePrint text held in the Centre for Newfoundland Studies.
PDF File(8.7 MB) -- http://collections.mun.ca/PDFs/quarterly/NQ_Volume34_Number4.pdf