Digital Archives Initiative
Feildian (Bishop Feild College)
menu off  add document to favorites : add page to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 Search this object:
 0 hit(s) :: previous hit : next hit
  previous page : next page
Document Description
TitleThe Blue Review, 1965-1966
EditorMercer, Gordon
PublisherBishop Feild College
Place of PublicationSt. John's, NL
DescriptionThe Feildian was the magazine of Bishop Feild College, a Church of England academy for boys. The first publication of its kind in Newfoundland, it was established in 1893 with a twofold purpose: to foster school feeling, and to chronicle the affairs of the College. Its content included news, correspondence, sports and a section on alumni. Publication ceased in 1960. (Vol. 1, no. 1, p. 2; Euguene P. Kennedy, "Bishop Feild College, " Encyclopedia of Newfoundland and Labrador, vol. 1, 195-6.)
SubjectBishop Feild College (St. John's, N.L.)--Periodicals
Student newspapers and periodicals--Newfoundland and Labrador--St. John's
School sports
School prose
School verse
Physical Description[11] p. : ill.
NoteFrequency: irregular. Includes advertisements. In its first issue (October 1893) The Feildian was entitled Church of England College Magazine, the title being changed the following year when the institution was renamed Bishop Feild College. The Blue Review issue included in this collection appears to be a new school publication from the mid-1960s.
LocationCanada--Newfoundland and Labrador--Avalon Peninsula--St. John's
Time Period20th Century
Resource TypePeriodical
FormatImage/jpeg; Application/pdf
CollectionThe Feildian (Bishop Feild College)
SourcePrint text held by Bishop Feild Collegiate.
PDF File(2.94 MB) --