Digital Archives Initiative
Centre for Newfoundland Studies - Newspapers
menu off  add document to favorites : add page to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
 Search this object:
  
 0 hit(s) :: previous hit : next hit
  View:    
  previous page : next page
Document Description
TitleThe Fishermen's Advocate, vol. 03, no. 26 (29 June 1912)
EditorCoaker, W. F. (William Ford), 1871-1938
PublisherUnion Publishing Co., Ltd.
Place of PublicationSt. John's, NL
Date1912-06-29
Description"Published in the interest of the Fishermen's Protective Union of Newfoundland." The Fishermen's Advocate (1910-14) was the newspaper of the Fishermen's Protective Union (FPU), edited by its president, William F. Coaker. Initially a weekly, by June 1913 the Advocate was issued daily, reaching a circulation of 11, 000 by that October. This made it one of the most important papers in Newfoundland, carrying local and FPU news. It continued after 1914 under different names. After the first year, Coaker established the Union Publishing Company, owned by FPU members, which took over the paper's publishing. (Diane P. Janes, "Fishermen's Advocate, The, " Encyclopedia of Newfoundland and Labrador, vol. 2, 178-9.)
SubjectCanadian newspapers--Newfoundland and Labrador--Coakerville
Canadian newspapers--Newfoundland and Labrador--St. John's
Fishermen's Protective Union of Newfoundland--Newspapers
Fishers--Newfoundland and Labrador--Newspapers
ContributorsFishermen's Protective Union of Newfoundland
Physical Description4 p. : ill.
NoteJournal details: established 12 February 1910 and running until vol. 5, no. 17 (25 April 1914); continued by the Mail and Advocate (Weekly Edition).
LocationCanada--Newfoundland and Labrador
Time Period20th Century
TypeText
Resource TypePeriodical
FormatImage/jpeg; Application/pdf
Record NumberCNS-N0002
LanguageEng
RelationHas Format: Microfilm. Center for Newfoundland Studies, Memorial University of Newfoundland Libraries.
CollectionCentre for Newfoundland Studies - Newspapers
RepositoryMemorial University of Newfoundland. Libraries. Centre for Newfoundland Studies
SourcePrint copy in the collection of the Newfoundland and Labrador Public Libraries.
PDF File(2.28 MB) -- http://collections.mun.ca/PDFs/cns_news/FA_V03_No26.pdf