Associate University Librarian Information Technology and
Manager, Digital Archives Initiative
Digital Archives Initiative Staff
1. Project Manager: Slavko Manojlovich
2. Digitization Technician: Don Walsh
3. Metadata Specialists: Dean Seeman, Patrick Miskell
4. Systems Administrator: Casey Hilliard
Site LicensingSome icons used under Creative Commons License from Axialis Team
This site is developed and licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs. Click on the Creative Commons icon for more information:
Digital Preservation Planning for the Digital Archives Initiative (last updated April 7, 2011)This space is dedicated to the documentation of the processes and procedures associated with the implementation of a long-term digital preservation strategy which will insure long-term meaningful access to the digital content in the DAI. In 2010, Slavko Manojlovich, Manager, DAI, completed a one year sabbatical in the United Kingdom conducting research on digital preservation best practices. A recent presentation at the Ontario Library Association Super Conference 2011 by Slavko Manojlovich and Michael J. Bennett (University of Connecticut) on "Digital Preservation Best Practices: Lessons Learned From Across the Pond" provides a summary of the current digital preservation landscape along with guidance in the next steps associated with implementing a sound digital preservation plan.
The preservation plan is based on the Open Archives Information System (OAIS) reference model and is designed to satisfy the minimum Trusted Repository Access and Control (TRAC) requirements for a trusted digital repository.
Draft - For Review
Please review the documents below and send your feedback to Slavko Please note that all of these documents are in PDF format. You will need the Adobe Reader (available at adobe.com) to view these documents.
- Selection Criteria (PDF)
- Digitization Standards (PDF)
- Digitization Standard 3D Objects (PDF)
- Audio Standards (PDF)
- Outline (PDF)
- Audio Preservation" by Mike Casey, Indiana University and Bruce Gordon Harvard University (PDF)
- A Guide for Formatting Digitized Files for Memorial University's CONTENTdm system. (PDF)
- JISC Digitital Preservation Policies Study: Final Report, October, 2008. (PDF)
- JPEG2000 Implementation at Library and Archives Canada (PDF)